Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Government Shutdown (Part Deux)


Hello everyone, it's perhaps a little early, but I thought I'd go ahead and do another blog post. Mostly I'm just going to cover what we've been up to, so the 'Government Shutdown' title is more just me expressing my building annoyance with that whole situation. I'm not a big fan of doing more work, especially when I'm not getting paid for any work, but things need to be done and there isn't anyone else to do them... Just another day in the bureaucracy.

For those who are curious, because I've been asked a couple times now on Discord, I'm doing fine for now. I'm lucky enough to have had some savings when this whole thing started, so I'm not doing to bad. Of course, if this goes on long enough, it'll be trouble, but for the immediate future I'm okay. Of course, income from Patreon helps too, especially since I don't have any extra time to do work elsewhere (extra day-job work thanks to the shutdown has ate up most of my free time... now I've heard we apparently won't get paid overtime or holiday pay properly when we finally do get paid).

And, as time goes on, more things "break" without people behind the wheel, making things more difficult than they need to be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay, enough bitching...

Before I get to what we've been up to, I figured I'd mention that the inaugural writing contest is now closed. It seems like we have 3 submissions, but I need to double check my email in case anyone tried to submit that way. We'll be giving them a read soon, and we'll announce the results as soon as their ready :D

So I've been working on a bunch of different things over the last several days. I fixed the time bug that made it into 18.6... was actually a pretty stupid bug. I updated the sleep action button to move the player to their bedroom before going to sleep, but because a lot of async things are going on with sleep, the map navigation and sleep sort of interfered with each other.  You can avoid this bug if you only go to sleep using a bed furniture item, and not using the action button!

I've also been working on some documentation and the mod interface, including support for schools:

The Red Light Education Center holds all the custom schools added with a mod. This pic shows the Oppaido Dojo school mod I created.  In order to test the mod interface for schools, I had to actually make a school mod. So I used the school idea I'd been saving for that purpose.


The dojo teaches Oppaido, to improve your martial skill. (The martial skill is a hidden skill, there are others  as well.) I suppose you can also get better at fighting off Japanese tentacle monsters, should any escape the containment facility at the Institute campus. I also added guide entries on Oppaido and Shokushu Kendo in the game encyclopedia for your enjoyment as well. 

You can take a look at the instructions for creating your own school in Appletree here.

I'll probably also enable modding jobs into the game as well, though sex actions and some other systems will be a while longer before mod support is added. I'm debating on how I want to handle documenting some of the other existing areas that can be modded. Some of the simpler things would benefit from just having a "mod creator" tool instead of detailed instructions/reference.

I've also been working on some more general documentation

The goal is to cover a lot of the basic data about character variables and some other systems. Fortunately I'm able to use regex to convert code into some nice neat formatting, so all I have to do is go in and add the description and allowed values.

Besty has started working on footwear, which should be available for you to wear in version 19 as well. He even started a poll on discord about clunky heels (and whether they are more or less sexy than standard heels) lol

That's it for tonight folks, I'm going to get back to these variables...

o7

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.