Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Portrait


Hello everyone, time for another update.

First, let's get the pregnancy fix out of the way... In my focus on making the AW_Fixer Powershell script, I made a mistake in the actual solution. When I realized today, I nearly slapped myself facepalming. There were two problems in that tiny snippet of code, basically two places the wrong value was used... and I only fixed one. Check Patreon/SubscribeStar/Discord for updated fixes. Sorry about that!

We've been working on the same things as before, some refinements, bug killing, balancing, and different types of portraits. Basically, the things I talked about in the last update. Rather than repeating that, I figured it'd be better to show you some of the results.

First up is the status record:


You'll find this in the main character menu page. Click a stat button and you'll get a pop-up like these:



Basically, you're able to see the last ten changes to that stat. Some of the descriptions are rather amusing, I had some fun because there were literally hundreds of descriptions to add for all the ways these stats can change in the game. :D

On the portrait front, we've come up with an alternative from the more simplistic SVG face avatars. They haven't been very popular, but luckily we're able to create better-looking SVG portraits. It's more work, but I think you'll approve. We're focusing on females for now, who currently don't have portraits at all.


I think it's a pretty significant improvement over the older style. Thanks will have to go to Besty though because I'm pushing all the extra work onto him. 

That's all for this update,

ThaumX

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.