Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Medical Matters


Hello everyone, the stupid typhoon is well past, and I thought I'd do another update. Well, actually, I have to type with one hand and one finger, so I thought it'd be a bit easier to do an update rather than coding... Just trying to make the best of my time, lol. 

Don't worry, it's nothing serious. Just this cyst-type thing that developed on my tendon sheath in my left ring finger, right where the finger meets the palm. It wasn't very painful unless I pushed on it or tried to hold any amount of weight with that finger. Anyway, today my doctor tried a treatment that basically consisted of sticking a large-gauge needle (about 1.2mm) into it and trying to suck out some of the tendon goo. I guess the next step is actual hand surgery, so I'm hoping this measure works!

right now my hand feels... less than pleasant... so I'm typing in this somewhat ridiculous way. I'm hoping it'll be back to normal in a day or two. (If you're the type of person that's into that thing, you can check out a photo on the AW discord. It's in a bandage, so it isn't that bad, but there's still dried blood and whatnot.) 

I would say I'm not expecting a delay, except that I keep forgetting that February only has 28 days, and there was that dumbass typhoon dick-tip (wutip) nonsense that ate up several days last week. I have a feeling that we could meet the release, but that would leave nowhere near enough time to properly test for bugs and fix them. Because we're connecting more things together (including the AI), I don't think it's a great idea to release without a minimum testing period. 

I'm going to push back the release to the 5th of MARCH, giving us nearly 2 extra work days for testing and wrap-up. (correction for timecockery... March not February.)

And now for a brief preview:

the dating system and AI integration in that has been our focus for the last week or so. It's looking pretty good so far, but it's still mostly the system framework at this point, particularly with the story thread system still waiting in the sidelines. Here's  a few preview pics:



(the boob heart is just a placeholder for the npc portrait.) the second picture shows the result of an npc query, basically suggesting a location. The AI is also used in determining how favorably the NPC views different locations/activities.

I'm gonna get back to coding, gotta enable some sex scenes at the end of a nice date, and set up some behavioral actions. 

o/

ThaumX

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.