Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Spoonful of Semen

 


In the most delightful way!

Okay, that was pretty random.

First of all, despite my best efforts, some bugs creeped in from the Besty Quarter. It seems I was too focused on our newer developer Anenn. In retrospect, Besty was super excited about the tentacle-monster-in-the-woods 3-day LARP thing he was going to. (He apparently had a lot of fun, and managed to protect his orifices during 48 hours of geurilla combat.) So first things first, I'll share a fix for the Besty bug.

Besty Bug Fix:

For a bug that causes the game to stop working on the job screen if you work at on of the Institute jobs. 

Using a text editor, open your .HTML game file for editing. Notepad works, but I personally recommend something like Notepad++ which is a nice tool to have available. Once you have the game file open, use the find function (default Ctrl+F) to search for this text:

<<= either("news","events")>>. <<= either("@@.npc;Have you heard about new security rules?@@","@@.npc;...those changes in corporate policy piss me off so much, god damned! I mean this is so unconvenient...@@,"@@.npc;Yeah, well so they said I need a level five security clearance for that, can you imagine?@@")>>

There should be three matches total, you'll want to replace it with the following text:

<<= either("news","events")>>. <<= either("@@.npc;Have you heard about new security rules?@@","@@.npc;...those changes in corporate policy piss me off so much, god damned! I mean this is so inconvenient...@@","@@.npc;Yeah, well so they said I need a level five security clearance for that, can you imagine?@@")>>

Basically a missing quotation mark ruins everything.

What's next

In regard to bugs, it's been a while since I've done a thorough check myself. For the most part Besty or I have been fixing bugs as they are reported. Besty isn't the best bughunter though, so it's about time for me to go through and do a thorough sweep.

This works out pretty well, because I'm not taking on a lot of large tasks this month due to my move back to the mainland U.S. at the end of august. So much is going on with that, that it's hard to put in the sort of concentrated work needed for a major task. So this month in addition to working on some more administrative/managerial type work that needs done, I'll also be working on testing, fixing, and balancing. With any leftover time after that is done I'll work on adding more story content for the main story.

Besty is going to be working on a series of quests for acquiring rare/special components for Lily's machine, which will involve some fun situations and choices. He'll also be working on some tasks that are overdue, as well as implementing the content from our freelance writers.

Anenn is going to be working primarily on content in the form of job events and some items from the more common game areas.

With the blog post next week I I'll cover a bit more about where we are in a big picture sense, and what we'll be doing during the remainder of 2020. The answer is mostly "content", but there's also reaching the end of the main story and some other things that deserve a more thorough discussion. :D

That's all for this post, as always thanks for your support!

See you next week,

ThaumX


1 comment:

  1. Copying a comment from the TFGS site here:

    I think I might be wasting my time with this game. So I might be done with it for quite a while.

    Twice I've reported a bug with the designer feature in the Tight threads store, where no matter how good quality of a clothing item you make, it will always say shitfuck. So while it may say 20 in numbers, the text is the worst you can have. This is the third time (and third version I've reported this in). I've gotten no response at all to this bug or the others I've reported. I've also made a request a way to see what type of clothing that each icon is supposed to be, because not all of them are in the stores.

    Every time I get there and it's still broken is such a moodkiller that I never get beyond it. I don't think I've seen the story even once beyond getting a new place.

    The reason I'm not happy is that it takes a really long time to set everything up whenever there's a new version, just to see if this thing is fixed. It also seems so pregnancy focused and I do everything I can to remove it, but I'm unsure if it will stick. I've even tried to remove every random male NPC to make sure I won't get pregnant, I've also checked barren. The change for the pregnancy time doesn't change to 44 weeks even if you pick it.

    I've yet to check if the Bullseye bug I've reported is still there. EDIT: At least that one seems to be fixed.

    BTW: Even the doorcode in the first few pages sometimes registers wrong, even if we haven't touched it.

    ReplyDelete

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.