Hello everyone, it's that time again already.
I'm writing this change log pretty well in advance because the release is happening on Easter. Normally writing the change log is one of the last things I do so that I'm sure to get all the relevant information in... but somebody decided to schedule the release on a holiday weekend (it was me). I normally release at about the same time each month, usually the first weekend that falls after the 3rd... I just forgot that Easter is a thing this time. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but my parents decided they want to drive up here for the holiday... so here we are.
This is the first release in the 3-part series focused on marriage, and it's laser-focused on adding marriage into AW. We usually have a main focus for new content, along with an eclectic mix of smaller content items and improvements, so this is a bit different for us. Because it's the first release of three in the marriage series, marriage as a whole concept isn't complete, however, there's still plenty for you to enjoy with v0.45. We've been tackling things chronologically, so the first part of the process is ready to view, namely having a proposal and getting engaged, planning your wedding, and attending the actual ceremony.
We worked hard to add a good deal of variety into the process, with many different proposal scenarios that can come from you or the NPC, multiple venues, officiators, vows, and the like. You can get married several times and have a quite unique experience each time. It's the way we've tried to take AW in general... just like there's no one way to play, there's no one way to get married.
Because getting married is new and still being built, we recommend you make some extra game saves, particularly before starting your wedding ceremony! This is for two reasons: the main reason is so that you can continue your marriage experience in version 46 when more material is added (for the reception and being a newlywed), but it's also good in case there is a bug with the wedding material that escaped our tests.
Thanks for your support, and we hope you enjoy playing it! Be sure to let us know what you think!
- There is a new game soundtrack with a more dystopian feel.
- You can replace the game's music by substituting your own mix file in .mp3 format. Just replace this file with your own: \resources\audio\GameMusic.mp3
- New school events added to Mrs Fubb's Parlor (4K words).
- The player and NPCs can now propose marriage.
- NPCs will pick a proposal scenario based on their personality.
- The player can choose the proposal scenario they use, but some options are limited by the PC personality.
- Several scenarios are possible, with over 10K words of content.
- The result of the proposal will depend on the NPC and the status of your relationship if you propose to them. If the NPC proposes, it's up to you how you answer.
- Keep in mind that the NPC won't propose immediately as soon as the relationship is eligible to advance, just like other relationship stages. Proposals happen as an offshoot of the normal dating process, so be sure to give your lover plenty of opportunities (dates) to propose if you're waiting for them to pop the question.
- If you pick a proposal type that really runs counter to the personality of your lover, they are likely to get mad at you!
- There are several wedding-planning-type events that will occur as part of the engagement process.
- You'll need to choose your dress, the venue, officiator, decor, discuss any special vows, invite your friends, and other things to get ready for the big day.
- Most things are quickly taken care of in a conversation with your fiance (we don't want wedding planning to be boring).
- Some portions of the prep work will require you to show up to a pre-arranged meeting, such as picking out your dress. You don't want to forget!
- On the day of your wedding, you'll be able to show up to your venue of choice and actually get married.
- Or forget to show up... which won't turn out well for your relationship.
- There are over 12K words of content for the various ceremonies and customizations.
- There are opportunities for you (or your partner) to flee from the alter.
- There are also unique reactions from your guests that you can discover based on the wedding you chose.
- You may want to be cautious about nudity or publicly consummating your marriage in a very public place like the city park!
- The wedding ceremony is mostly complete, but the reception afterward is not, so remember to make a save before getting married if you want to quickly view the reception in v46.
- The game is still playable after getting married, but you won't find gameplay much different than beforehand, as married life elements are coming in v46 and v47.
- The officiators all have different ceremonies they perform with different undertones and different vows "do you take X, in sickness and health...". Some are pretty raunchy!