Friday, November 16, 2018

Water of Life


Hello everyone, it's that time again!

This time around I have some good/bad news, depending on your perspective. Nothing earth-shattering or overly serious, but I have made a commitment to share all my  fuck-ups with you guys so I didn't want to just gloss over it like nothing happened.

Basically, while I was sick with the flu, instead of working on what I was supposed to be working on, I decided for some reason that it would be a better idea to work on fertility. Specifically I ended up working on pregnancy as well as lactation, so now you can get pregnant in the game and sell your milk to the Farm COOP. The downside is that I ended up not working on the relationship processing for NPCs and social mechanics for the player that occur overnight, and those will still need to be done. 

Realistically it's not a huge impact to the schedule, but it is still an impact, so I wanted to share that with all of you. Of course, I asked myself partway through "why am I working on this now?" but then I realized that it would still take some work to "close up" what I started, and we'd have nothing to show for it until later. So I blew my nose and decided to just finish enough code to reach a good stopping point. And so now we have most of the fun stuff discussed in the fertility section of the game encyclopedia for conception. You can get pregnant, and the fetuses will grow, but most of the items revolving around actual pregnancy are not implemented. The milk situation is fairly straight-forward, you can now buy breast pumps, and you can sell pumped milk. Lactation is tied in to pregnancy, and lactation rates now change. (You can increase lactation by the regular stimulation of milking, and decrease it by not milking, though pregnancy will prevent you from drying up.)

After that I needed to bug test, and I discovered several issues with the way PC fertility was being calculated, and the way breasts were behaving. I added some fertility cheats to the cheat menu while I was at it; the information portion made some other testing easier, and it was a simple matter to add some of the other cheat options. So now things are working much better. I still need to add in a quick option to prevent pregnancy for players that don't want it, but I finished messing with it a couple days ago.

Here are some quick preview images:

Pump breasts action, pump selection menu. Pumps are purchased from the Bullseye Pharmacy.

A quick look at the fertility section of the cheat menu. It shows information on semen, zygotes (fertilized eggs that have not implanted), and fetuses, and has some options for setting fertility, initiating/canceling ovulation, etc.
The price of milk is currently 3 credits per 4-liter cryo-canister. It isn't enough to be very profitable for a normal woman, but those aiming toward being a HuCow should be able to make a pretty decent supplemental income with milk sales as things stand right now in the game. Milk overflows and over-full penalties have been tweaked to be more forgiving and work better.

Since finishing that up, I've been working on the scenario/scene framework, and going on some more bug hunts. I want to get the basic game framework functioning as smoothly as possible before we start the transition toward more content production early next year. Shortly I'll be starting the interaction system so that it will be possible to talk with NPCs in version 17.

Right now Besty is on vacation, but he's working on some of the ancillary items for the date system and interaction, and he also finished up the Maid Pouffiasse job, bringing the job options up to 4. :D

I'm going to get back to work, there's still much to do. Unfortunately being sick not only inspired me to go off the rails, it also made me slow at doing it... which I suppose is a good thing with that metaphor? 

Stay pervy internet,

o/








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.