Thursday, November 8, 2018

Illness


Hello everyone.

It has been a shitty week so far, just to get that out there. My son brought home some kind of upper respiratory tract infection (viral), which got things started quite nicely over the weekend. Of course, all babies are born with a level 100 "Infect your Parents" skill, so soon I was also able to enjoy the coughing too. Fortunately, it didn't progress to the "trying to hack up a lung" stage, which tends to hit me rather hard courtesy of my damaged lungs. I was just about to start thanking my lucky stars for dodging that bullet, when I caught the plague my wife brought home. 


So here I am writing the blog post, slack-jawed and hopped up on pseudo-ephedrine. I was planning on doing a more Native American themed post, talking about the Taschijo Indians that were native to the valley. Of course, I also wanted to go over my plans for the month. I'll still do that at least, though probably a little more briefly.

November Plans

November is pretty much all about the NPCs, working on the interaction system that allows you to have conversations with random people, flirt, and basically interact with the NPCs outside of a date setting. I am also going to get the NPC relationship processing going so that the game starts keeping proper track of your relationships with NPCs over time. I also wanted to get started on the date system to allow dating, though the plan was just to get the foundation in place for actual dates in December.

The schedule looks pretty tight for the month, largely because conversations with NPCs are pretty complex to do properly. I've been trying to get work done, but I've been going... slow.  D:  It's hard to muster up the clarity of thought needed to write code quickly without a million mistakes. So, I've been working on some of the simpler items, and things like this blog post... But it still puts us behind. In addition, Besty is taking a vacation this month that he's been planning for quite some time, so he's going to be gone for a third of the month.

We may not be able to get everything we planned done, but hopefully we'll still have some solid interaction with NPCs to show you!

I'm going to go vacuum out my nose, and then get back to work on the task I was supposed to have finished yesterday (along with a couple other items I was also supposed to get done). 

Stay healthy,

o7

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.