Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Dengue Fever


Hello everyone, this is going to be something of a short blog post, basically because I feel like shit. I don't have Dengue fever, just yet another common cold courtesy of the plague island. Besty has also caught some sort of cold, we somehow managed to get sick at the same time despite being thousands of miles apart.

So far this cold hasn't been too bad, fatigue, fever, sinus pain. I started getting sick on Sunday evening, and It feels like perhaps it'll be on the short side thanks to my well-practiced immune system, or at least I hope so. I've been trying to get a little work done while sick, but it's hard to focus so I've been bouncing all over the place. Some bug fixing, some event planning, and some art stuff.

Last week I added several new events to the Progenerate Technologies job and took care of some other things. Besty has mostly been on bug elimination duty. I've started working on some events for the S.P.E.R.M. Division at the Institute.



For some reason, on Monday I got it into my head that I should draw some sort of band/music related thing in the world of AW. I guess because I had this sort of concert event in mind at the town square. I'm not sure what the band name should be, all I've come up with so far is "10-inch idol". If you have an idea feel free to throw it my way. I'll use it if I like it. (It's a rock band with a female vocalist.)

I imagine that this costume doesn't last long on stage...

There's been an outbreak of Dengue fever here on Guam, We're up to about a dozen locally-acquired cases. They've closed some schools in my area, which also happens to be near where the Dengue-carrying mosquitoes seem to be located. Thankfully the fatality rate for Dengue is quite low with proper medical care unless you're unlucky enough to end up with the hemorrhagic fever. Either way, it's a very painful illness (its nickname is break-bone fever) that will cause you to bleed from places you shouldn't. 

The local government has "started taking measures" to control the spread of the disease, but so far I don't think they've even started spraying to try and kill the infected lines of mosquitoes yet. Hawaii had an outbreak quite some time ago and was able to eventually murder enough mosquitoes to get rid of it. They still wound up with hundreds of cases before that point though. 

Mosquitoes suck. I get bitten on a semi-regular basis, but we're taking some extra precautions to avoid them. The odds are still very low that I'll be infected in any case, so it's not really any reason to be worried. Besides, if I were to catch it, I'd be stuck with weeks of bedrest with very little to do but work on AW, lol. 

That's all for now, I'm going to go write a pervy scientist event. :D

o7

ThaumX



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Records Release - v1.25.0

  So immediately after I practically kill myself on version 1.24, and promise to be more reasonable... I went and set myself another crazy s...