Friday, August 17, 2018

Some Plans...


Of course, because I said that I'd be releasing 13.5 today or tomorrow, the universe decided to interfere. Not that it was anything major that happened, just a succession of minor things that added up to a huge chunk of lost time today.

I was really trying to shoot for tonight, but looking at the time I realized that if I stayed awake and pushed to finish the release tonight, there'd be no way I would be able to do a decent job of testing and fixing bugs. So I'm going to go with plan B, and do a nice orderly release tomorrow. Hot fixes are a huge time sink, and they shouldn't be the norm... It sucks to run into a big bug that breaks things, not to mention the pain of downloading the hot fix release.

Anyway, some things that the day threw at me:

some sort of power surge from our wonderful electric utility GPA, which damaged my solar system and fried the power conditioner / protector for our main AC unit and the one for my master bedroom unit. (I live in a bunker on Guam. We have split ACs like in Asia, and they're a necessity here thanks to the miserably tropical weather.)

Work shenanigans that I can't really talk about besides saying that it involved a lot of stupid shit outside of my agency that dominoed into a bullshit storm for us.

I don't trust AirBusses in general, but hey, everyone survived, and I can think or more than one way for the opposite to have happened.

My eldest daughter tripped over her big toe (she's fine). While funny, it also resulted in her flinging a weighty remote into my AW-Work laptop, which has been acting up ever since. I still need to figure out what's going on. While still mostly functional, there seems to be an intermittent issue that causes a crash or for the thing to just totally turn off. Obviously this happens right in the middle of working.

The person who was going to pick up my boss from the airport canceled last minute, so I had to go pick him up. On the plus side, the surgery to remove his pancreas tumor was successful, and he seems to be doing really well.

Yep. Great day. :P

o/

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.