Tuesday, August 21, 2018

She Can Do It!


Hello there, its' time for some updating and some random stuff (as usual). I've been pretty busy working on the TypeScript conversion and interface declaration. Lots of busywork-type stuff, things that require enough attention that you can't really do anything else but that is also rather dull and straight-forward...

I've gotten a good chunk finished, probably about two-thirds of it, at least I hope it's two-thirds. I seriously underestimated just how many functions there are in the AW source, I thought I'd be finished with this basic stuff today, and wrap up the more advanced stuff tomorrow, but it seems it'll take an extra day. To be clear, I'm not making detailed specifications here, for the most part I've just been adding types to function arguments and function output, and adding a short comment about the purpose of the function for those that don't have one. Then just resolving or clearing up any type errors in the functions themselves. I have found the occasional small mistake though, which is good to get fixed up. Probably the most amusing one was having the functions that check if the player thinks they are on birth control, and if the player thinks they are pregnant switched... They both worked, it's just the birth control one was checking pregnancy, and vice versa.

You can check out the crazy list of functions and macros thus far on the Patreon post. I still have a lot of the smaller/multi-purpose functions to add, so it's probably going to grow a good deal tomorrow.

Also on the Patreon post is a pretty random cipher tool. There really isn't a purpose to it, but I figured somebody might have some fun playing with it or something. It was late Sunday evening, and I was fairly tired. I was chatting on Discord while trying to decide what to do before going to sleep, whether watching a show, anime, or playing a game for a little bit. Jimbo started talking about ciphers, and somehow I got fixated on this cipher I came up with in 6th grade. I don't even remember why I came up with the cipher, exactly, except that I had read a book on the history of cryptography somewhere around that time. Anyways, before I knew it, it was 1:30 am and I had made this silly cipher thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn't the first time this has happened, either, lol. Jimbo has a special talent, almost like the kid that was an expert at getting the teacher in school to go off on tangents instead of actually teaching things.

Also, the results for the post topic poll, since I never discussed them (sorry), are pretty much as you'd expect:
  1. Babies, the Government, and You
  2. Scenes, Scenarios, and Quests
  3. In-Game Schools (Skill Training)
I'll try to work on these as I get a chance over the next few weeks. :D


That's about all I've got for tonight, so see you next time!

o/

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.