Hello everyone, and welcome to the Creamy Release.
I wanted to try and make this a special release, simply because version 0.25 feels like a milestone. A good chunk of our work this month was focused on improving some of the main systems in the game that were rough around the edges. The most prominent of those being the interaction system and the sex scene system.
The interaction system has a bunch of unique content spaced out between dozens of situational tags and several relationship levels. Unfortunately, a lack of polish in initially meeting NPCs, combined with lacking the planned ways for NPCs to approach you themselves naturally, led to the system seeming to be somewhat incomplete or shallow. So we made NPCs come to start their own conversations with you where they would occur naturally (such as coworkers and classmates). We also improved the opening text and options for sex scenes to make it work smoother.
The sex scene system is still something of a marvel in terms of what it can do, containing more than one 'first-ever' for an adult text game. However, it doesn't really matter if the system can handle orgies or do other fancy things if the basic content and polish aren't there. A lot of the things have been on my to-do list, but I figured they were things that needed to be done sooner rather than later. After all, sex is pretty important for an adult game! To that end I've written thousands upon thousands of words of new content for the system, filling out all the actions that were missing text. I even wrote nearly 3,000 words specifically for PC and NPC orgasms. I also fixed a lot of the minor bugs, parser issues, and not-quite-complete items that were lowering the quality of the scenes. Finally, I improved the action button UI to make choosing your next action faster, while also cutting the between-action loading time in half.
It's also worth noting that we set up a brand new full-featured wiki this month! Check it out here www.aw-wiki.com (we could always use awesome contributors too!)
Of course, we've got an assortment of new things for you too: tattoos, body writing, magazines, fertility seals, abduction by a serial killer, new options/actions in different areas of prostitution, and more. We also have spent more time working on fixes and improvements to try and make this release as stable and playable as possible.
Besty and I both hope you enjoy it!
We fixed the autosave system (hooray!), but that means that loading an autosave from version 0.24 absolutely isn't going to work.
There is a very strange issue that has seemed to cause certain prologue flags to be flipped when loading an older save using backward compatibility. It doesn't occur all the time, and we haven't been able to reliably isolate the issue enough to fix it. If it does occur upon you loading a save, we've added some code to sleeping overnight that should put the main flags back to the correct place. This issue doesn't affect saves from 0.25
Words: 1,895,265 (Only 2.9% are "fuck"!)
Lines O' Code: 179,992
[Note] My head is killing me, and thanks to some extra day job work and a sick son, I'm running behind on getting this change log (and release) done. This list of changes may be a little derpy.
- Lot of new writing for the sex scene system.
- Actions all have appropriate text, new writing is more variable-responsive
- Almost 3K words of text for orgasms in different positions/situations/etc.
- After-scene actions now all have text content associated with them.
- Numerous fixes to parser-related issues.
- Many malformatted parser calls have been fixed, particularly in sex scenes
- several parser functions adjusted/improved
- Many of the sillier nouns have had their weights reduced or been removed altogether.
- Some new macros to speed writing certain things.
- Some parser errors caused by UglifyJS fixed
- New and Improved Sex Scene actions.
- The player can now request NPC to cum inside or pull out.
- The player can now use their own condoms when requesting a condom in sex scenes. (use of sabotaged condoms is still pending because I just forgot about them...)
- Actions to remove a condom, and NPC actions to wear one or remove it have been improved.
- Several minor fixes.
- Bug affecting the ability to change sex position has been fixed.
- General Sex Scene Improvements
- NPCs can now pull out (or try and fail to pull out) when having sex.
- Condom break function improved and now accounts for the bitch-breaker mutation.
- New faster action button menu that requires only 1 click per action.
- The transition time between actions cut down by 50%!
- Several new position diagrams illustrating the current sex position.
- loads of minor fixes.
- Cum now feeds cum or creampie addiction.
- Characters that know about your Vaginal Enzymes mutation won't try to wear a condom.
- New insemination and cum-handling methods in the character Pussy class.
- Improved semen handling in the fertility system.
- Two new images for the paper doll illustration (panties)
- Makeup can now be done at salons, allowing you to learn new styles.
- The player can now be scarred (think like tattoos, scarification) though this system is not 100% tested.
- Several fixes to hangouts and dates
- The Progenerate Fertility Seal is now available
- Purchase from the doctor in the medical district.
- Allows you to view additional fertility information with higher accuracy.
- Several new prostitution scenes.
- includes body writing, bareback, and anal sex scenes.
- Body Writing is now a thing, and you can have your body written on with a marker.
- Tattoos are now a thing, and you can get all sorts of fun tattoos.
- Tattoos will be easy to mod, possibly with custom tattoo system similar to the custom clothes tool in the game. (you can already get custom writing though.)
- Tattoos can be obtained at the Penetrated Piercing Parlor in the mall until a suitable tattoo parlor is opened.
- Tattoos can be removed in the medical district if you want.
- View details about your tattoos in the grooming menu.
- You can see an overview of your tattoos in the character menu.
- NPCs in interactions can now comment on tattoos and body writing.
- Tattoos affect attractiveness, based on NPC.
- General improvements to the medical district doctor's office.
- Character menu status page has been improved with some additional information and reorganization.
- Fertility information now split between the basics and having advanced fertility information (currently only from the fertility seal tattoo).
- You can now see your current "effective" willpower (0 to 20 scale).
- Four new magazines with interesting descriptions, text, and effects are available for purchase from Cum & Go.
- Cum & Go now has a new clerk named Daisy Blackwell who is happy to see you.
- Some new minor items including some beers and snacks purchasable at cum and go.
- Interaction System improvements.
- NPCs will now come up to talk to you (coworkers and classmates).
- Improved options for starting a conversation with a stranger.
- Conversations more accessible in general.
- The autosave system is now fixed.
- Besty says "It must work now!"
- Player now properly resumes play after work from the correct position on the map.
- Travel time to work is now accurate for the job location (jobs inside Appletree will be quicker to get to).
- New Serial killer Event!
- Serial killer portrait by me, he's pretty damned creepy.
- The event includes abduction, potential escape, and other twists and turns I don't know about because Besty wrote it ;)
- General proofreading and typo fixes. (Big thanks to everyone Besty got to proofread for him!)
- Tweak to the difficulty of gaining skill points, it is now somewhat easier for a skill to level up.
- Fix to a bug with schools that caused skill gain from taking lessons to be significantly less (rather than more) common.
- Fix to Lily's starting relationship values.
- WTF accomplished (Besty)
- Fix to a few location images that were too short.
- Lots of general fixes to minor or issues and typos.
- Several transformative fixes
- fixes to some conversation tags
- fixes to the body condition system
- new "super.die" function related to omni items that just won't die.
- SSTD fix
- fix to appletree shuttle busses
- icon fixes.
- fixes for jonesing and addiction
- fixes to minor items found in the residential area.
- removal of old placeholder buttons and obsolete buttons.
- maid sex fix
- etc. etc. etc.
- New/Improved maid sex event
- [Reserved for that thing I forgot]
You should add a link to the wiki to the sidebar of the blog, as well as to thaumx.com and your Patreon overview -- I imagine it will become an invaluable resource to interested people.ReplyDelete