Tuesday, July 24, 2018

AI Testing Initiative

(no, AI sperm are not going to be in AW. This was for testing purposes)

Hello everyone, I'm back!
Not that I was ever really away. During my vacation I did cut back on my work time significantly, though I did end up exceeding my "four hour limit" several times.


Most of that time was working on the improved website, as well as working on the game AI. The AI work has been progressing well, and I've been successfully creating neural nets and doing some basic training. I've set up an AI framework to work with the AI outside of the game, and utilizing JSON files to store the networks. The networks will later be included in the game directly. The JSON setup is quite handy, as it allows saving discrete states of the learning network weighting, and also allows others to work on training the network.

Here is a look at the training framework:

I've covered the AI a little more extensively in past posts, but the general design layout is to have 8 networks that interpret the 8 nodes in the personality core. The output from these 8 networks is put into a larger network that also includes predetermined strength values for each core, as well as the NPC's primary mental stats.

The basic node network is comprised of 1,083 neurons with a total of 169,670 connections. This may change of course, if this size proves to be inadequate. 

However, the utilization of the AI in the game is set up in such a way that changes and refinements to the AI won't require changes to the game code. The early AI is going to be quirky, especially given what we're asking of it, so it's important to be able to make refinements and perform additional training as development progresses.

I'll probably be sharing this training framework with you in the next release. It's not terribly user-friendly, but it might be interesting to play around with.

I'm going to get going. I'm trying to avoid creeping back into the 13+ hour/day zone that I was in. For now, I'll leave you with a little sneak-peak at what I was working on for the next release image:
Ai-Chan is getting some upgrades and training from GLADyS ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.