Friday, July 20, 2018

Building NPCs to Sleep With

Originally Posted: October 27, 2017


Complexity & Chaos Theory in Procedural Generation
(AKA: My Approach to NPCs)

First of all, I want to say thanks for all of your kind words, I really appreciate your support. It's hard to express the kind of effect it has on me as a creator, but it means a lot to me. A big part of my anxiety has been worry about possibly letting people down, so your reassurances really help me deal with that too!

Before I get started on NPCs, let me share this, which is a result of your feedback on setting attractiveness settings. I think it'll be a fast and clean way to handle those complex settings. ^_^

So I'm not going to talk to much about the technical aspects of generating NPCs today, I'm going to save that for later posts when I can show/demonstrate things. This is more about my immediate plans.

I was going to wait until after the prologue was structurally complete to start working on NPC generation. But, I recently realized that there isn't really a functional reason to do so, at this point it's more about organization. (and if anything, a few pieces will be a bit easier without having to anticipate what doesn't exist just yet.) Also, I think most of you want to get to the sex parts, and I want to get to the sex parts, so why not start getting to the sex parts already?

Plus, I've been really looking forward to the technical challenge of making these NPCs, so that's a good motivational boost as well. I'm going to keep to my light-load schedule for a day or two and set up a proper working schedule as some of you have suggested. I'll do a release with part of the putting-together done, and then start working on the NPC generator.

For fun, here's two of the pages from my planning notebook on NPC generation:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Springtime Release v1.26

This summary is not available. Please click here to view the post.